Member Get a Member! Email Kim for details.
As a YMCA member you join a group of people representing all ages and all walks of life who are passionate about bettering their community. The Y cause is to strengthen the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. For over a century the Mount Desert Island YMCA has dedicated itself to building healthy, confidant, connected and secure children, adults, and families living in the greater MDI community.
Our full-service facility offers a wide variety of fitness, sports, and aquatics programs for the whole family, along with a full-sized gym, 6 lane lap pool, fitness and weight rooms, and indoor track. Fitness is only a small portion of what we do at the Mount Desert Island YMCA. We also provide:
- A social and educational Maine State Licensed preschool program pre-kindergarteners with a range of full and part time options
- A variety of summer day camps to keep your kids safe, healthy and active during the summer months
- Sports programs for kids and adults for healthy living
- Swim lessons and aquatics programs for the entire family to enjoy
- Youth and Teen Center - activities, trips and events
- Active Adult and Active Older Adult group fitness classes and coffee social hour to promote healthy living and socialization
- Parties and rentals - make your next event extra special with a swimming, sports or other themed party. You can rent pool lanes, the full-gym or half-gym, or even the community room.
- Membership For All rate structure designed around your income. Pay what you can afford based on our Income Based Membership rates. The Y is open to ALL people.
- Membership and Program Scholarships to individuals, children, and families in need and in turn, the opportunity to participate at the Y regardless of ability to pay. Click Here for a Financial Assistance Form.
Membership, Facility and Program Policies - Handbook
We look forward to being part of your journey to life long health and wellness! Thank you for choosing the Mount Desert Island YMCA.
21 Park Street
Bar Harbor, ME 04609